I am so excited to be partnering up with Sterling Vineyards, to bring you "How to Host The Most Glamorous Oscards Viewing Party." The Oscars have been a very special occasion for my family and I since I was a little girl. I created my speech at the age of four years old, with the first line saying , "I love you mommy!"
Today I am sharing my inspiration to host your very own viewing party for Oscars 2016!
Here is a list of how to create your very own party:
1. WINE! A few months ago I visited Sterling Vineyards in Napa Valley. I absolutely fell in love with their vineyards, and of course their wine. My favorite from their collection, is the Sterling Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc. The Sauvignon Blanc, has a great grapefruit, citrus, fig and melon highlight. This along with the Chardonnay, Cabernet and Pinor Noir, are the best start to creating your own Oscar party, and making sure everyone's palettes are happy.
2. Watch the Films ! I am lucky enough to get movie screeners from the Academy and Sag, but the best way to prep for your Oscar Party is to watch the films! Being updated on the actors, and rooting for your favorites, make the night unforgettable.
3. Red Carpet! This is one of my favorite parts of the Oscars. Tivo or watch live with your friends the pre-shows with the Red Carpet. Its great to gossip over which dresses you love or hate! I bought a red carpet for my party, which will make a fun addition to any room - and great for a photo op!
4. Decorations! Decorations are one of my favorite parts to hosting parties! The Oscars are known for the metallics, meaning gold, silver, and black should be your base colors and can inspire your vision, whether it be simple or complex. I ran down to Party City, to grab essentials for any Oscar Party - which included balloons (gold and silver), silver and gold star glitter, plates and silverware.
5. Snacks! Along with wine, this is one of the most important aspects to hosting the best party of the year! Popcorn is an absolute must, and fitting for the Oscars. I ordered Garrett Popcorn , which came in amazing silver and white tins. This is the perfect size because if your guests don't finish their individual tins, they can take them home as a party favor. My go to party snack is a cheese platter. I start with a cutting board, and add my favorite cheeses. I learned from my beautiful mother Laura Dunn that you should always add fruit to the platter, which is a fabulous addition to cheese, and the wine. I added glass jars to my party, that contain Twix and Snickers, that both have gold packaging (and go perfectly with our theme). While at Party City I found the most adorable Jelly Beans that were popcorn flavor. This attention to detail will impress your guests, and be great for photos!
6. Pictures! Polaroids are the best way to snap away and keep Memories of your night forever. They are fun and your guests will be happy to take some home as another great party favor gift.
7. Party Favors! Along with popcorn, and polaroids, I gifted my guests charm bracelets from Kate Spade , with customized charms to remember the night. They have a great vintage feel, and I paired mine up with a wine glass in honor Sterling Vineyards :)
8. Guests ! Invite fun friends that love movies! I invited French and Finn Fay, who came dressed for the occasion with glitter top hats and sunglasses - just as if they were walking the red carpet! LOL!
Can't wait to see pictures of your Oscar Viewing Parties!!! xx
I am working in partnership with Sterling Wines and I am being compensated for my participation in this campaign. All thoughts/opinions are 100% my own. Wine is intended for those whom alcohol is legal and appropriate. Please Drink Responsibly!